– SDRPlay (Requires copying DLL, see note on release page)
– General UI Improvements, many crash fixes
– Manual gain control (just disable “automatic gain” in the settings menu)
– Visual gain control by right-dragging up/down on the spectrum (or shift+up/down arrow)
– SDR Device configuration dialog on startup with saved preferences
– SoapyRemote support allows any supported device to work over a network
– Rework of waterfall/spectrum Zoom functionality, improved detail and performance
– Eliminated aliases crawling across spectrum during zoom
– Main areas of display can now be resized, just drag the dividers between them
– LSB/USB tuning and bandwidth improvements, better bandwidth defaults overall
– Internal rewrite of modem code into distinct classes replacing monolithic demodulator
– Menu options automatically adjust to the active device settings and ranges (including custom device settings unknown to CubicSDR!) thanks to SoapySDR device argument and setting queries.
– Liquid-DSP PFB Channelizer is now utilized to allow for decent performance while using many VFOs at high input bandwidths (20+ WBFM stations at once on a HackRF can be done easily 🙂
CubicSDR v0.1.4 beta release is now available on GitHub. Includes new audio spectrum visuals, waterfall and spectrum speed control, I/Q output mode, mute, performance improvements and more.
CubicSDR v0.1.4-beta quick demonstration video:
CubicSDR v0.1.3 beta release is now available on GitHub. Includes new Stereo FM code, direct frequency entry, direct sampling, I/Q swap and stability fixes.
CubicSDR v0.1.2-beta is now available on GitHub. It includes a new tuning bar with clickable / draggable / scrollable digits, the ability to set audio sample rate per-device and a dialog / interactive tuning bar tool for setting device PPM which will be remembered per-device. Also some basic usability improvements have been made and a few common crashes (mostly related to deleting demodulators) have been resolved.
CubicSDR v0.1.1 beta has been released on GitHub and includes a major fix for audio clipping and gain problems which primarily affected AM/SSB audio output. Bundled installations are now available for Windows and Linux but the Win32 and Linux builds should be considered experimental.
CubicSDR v0.1.0-beta now available on GitHub:
Downloads page is now online where new binaries will be added when released. Linux builds will be available once I get a chance (or if someone can beat me to it) to prepare the appropriate CPack / distribution configurations.